Your Rights MatterAttorney Hallack understands that clients need a combination of aggressive yet compassionate counsel at this time.
Genuine. Diligent. Ethical.Don't choose a Chicago defense lawyer who is in it for the money. I genuinely want to help you straighten out your life!
Free Case ConsultationWhen the stakes are high, you will need a defense strategy that can aggressively and effectively combat any allegations!
Help for Warrants in Chicago
Call Our Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney Now
In Illinois, missing a required court date is known as "failure to appear." If you missed your court date, the judge will likely issue a warrant for your arrest. The warrant will not go away until you are found and arrested or your attorney persuades the judge to quash and recall the warrant.
Arrest warrants may be issued for numerous reasons, such as:
- Failure to pay child support
- Multiple traffic tickets
- Not following up with probation meetings
If a warrant was issued for your arrest, it is extremely important to retain legal representation from a Chicago criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The moment you are stopped by law enforcement, you are subject to arrest, regardless of the original reason for the stop. With a lawyer on your side, you can effectively work to remove the warrant and have the issue taken care of before you are arrested.
Quashing an Arrest Warrant
If you missed court because of a mistake, your attorney can probably have the warrant quashed. However, the longer you ignore the warrant, the more likely it is that you will remain in jail until your case is over, or that you will have to post a large amount of money to remain free on bond. This is especially true if law enforcement arrests you, rather than you and your attorney voluntarily going to court to explain the mistake.
As your legal advocate, I will work to have your warrant removed so you can effectively traverse the legal system without the worry of incarceration. Trust that I have the experience and know-how to help you through your legal matter. Warrants can go from a simple matter to very serious in a swift manner. Don’t be caught off guard if a warrant is issued for your arrest. Handle the situation as soon as possible with my help.
Contact Thomas C. Hallock if you need a skilled and committed warrant defense attorney in Chicago.
What You Should Do
- Be respectful.
- Calmly record the interaction.
- Ask if you are free to leave. If you do not ask, the officer may think - and the judge may agree - that the interaction is consensual.
- If you are free to leave, go! If you are not free to leave, do not answer and questions before speaking with your attorney.
What You Should Not Do
- Do not physically resist arrest.
- Do not become aggressive or confrontational.
- Do not consent to a search. The Constitution does not apply if you consent.
- Do not answer questions without first speaking with your attorney. Police are allowed to hold you for 48 hours and they may lie to you the entire time.